Sunday, May 11, 2008

NYC!!!

Tracy, Carey, Angela, and I went to New York City the beginning of May and had a GREAT time!!! Everything about the trip was perfect, we couldn’t complain about anything except our last meal at the ATL airport. We decided to take a tour bus http://www.coachusa.com/newyorksightseeing/ around town so we could see everything and then go back to the individual places we wanted to see. What a great idea that was and I would recommend it to everyone.

Here are some highlights from our trip:
- We met the “Cookie Monster” on the way up to NYC (inside joke).
- We went to see Hairspray and it was awesome. We couldn’t take any pictures and Angela got in trouble and told she could be fined $10K, yikes.
- We ate at Serendipity and Chinatown, a couple of pizza places, and the Chinese Ice Cream Factory.
- We took the subway everywhere with only one mistake (we’re experts now).
- I paid $15 for M&M’s from their store, what was I thinking…..
- We bought purses from Chinatown and Little Italy. In Chinatown we followed this lady for about 4 or 5 blocks and then entered into a store front that had t-shirts hanging up on the walls and then down a little hallway to another room where there were purses galore!!! Don’t worry mom I was very careful.
- We went to the Today Show to see Neil Diamond (not my first choice) and MADE IT ON TV!!!! Here’s the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3041478/ It's his "I'm a Believer" song.
- We went to Ground Zero, Battery Park, Statue of Liberty (seen it from Battery Park), McDonald’s (we had to find some sweet tea), Toys R Us – they had a ferris wheel inside the store, the Naked Cowboy, Spiderman, Elmo, and from the tour bus we had seen a lot too.

Stay tuned for pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sosososososso glad that you guys had a good time. I love (heart) NYC!!!

Sorry that I missed your call when you were in Chinatown...my mom's plane had just gotten in and she was loving all over Era and I was loving it! :)

It sounds like you guys had no issues finding purses though. I love the faux purse mecca!!!