Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tutorial Wednesday at Bugaboo

Morning!  Over at the Bugaboo Challenge Blog on Wednesday's each DT member takes turns creating a tutorial and since I'm the GDT member for November today is my turn.

This is a very quick and easy project that you could put on your desk or even give as a present.  I think the total time it took was maybe an hour.

The supplies you will need are:
~a tin with a window or even one of those plain boxes that you could cut out a window
~picture of your favorite person
~a Bugaboo image
~your favorite paper and embellishments

~First: Your're going to put the piece of paper inside the tin to cover the bottom.  I flipped the tin over and measured the size from the bottom.  I didn't try to cover the entire bottom of the tin because I didn't want to get frustrated trying to make it perfect.


~Second: You can put your paper and picture inside the tin and any embellishments that you would like to add.  Since I am working with a small tin I didn't put any embellishments inside but I have a bigger tin at work that I did add embellishments to (I'll try and remember to bring it home from work today and post a pic).


~Third: I measured the smooth outside of the tin so I could wrap a piece of my favorite paper around it.  I also added some ribbon.


~Fouth: I colored one of my favorite images from Bugaboo (I love penguins), cut it out, and pop dotted it to the front. 


~Fifth: I added a couple more embellishments and voila I'm done~


Supplies: Stamp: Bugaboo; Paper: MME; Copics: G85, RV23, RV29, R20, R39, YR18, BG01, BG15, C1, C7; Other: Spare Part Buttons and Ribbon.

I also entered this into several challenges:
~Bee Craft #42 - Christmas
~Lexi's Creations #26 - anything goes
~Stamps R Us #8- buttons & bows
~Paper Sundaes #43- let it snow
~Ann's Creative Nook #111- recycle recycle
~The Crazy Challenge #40- things w/ wings

I really hope you liked my tutorial and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for joining me today!

17 comments:

Tracey said...

awww....this is adorable. What a great idea.
Thanks for sharing,
Tracey

Jodie Mackrell said...

Awesome tutorial! love it! and oh she's so cute!!!!

marsha said...

This is just adorable - how creative!
Hugs,
Marsha

marsha said...

This is just adorable - how creative!
Hugs,
Marsha

Rae Anne said...

Awesome joy Lesley! Poppi's colored so incredibly well! :D MWAH!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Great idea Lesley! Fabulous job!

Fiona said...

wow this is fab...so cute!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

WeirdCat said...

What a lovely project,thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

sgc said...

Lesley--thanks for such a wonderful tutorial! I'll be making one of these. Your daughter is adorable.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

This is a great idea for a gift! Such a cute little penguin and the little girlie is just darling! :)

Thanks for playing with the Paper Sundaes Challenge this week!
♥Lisa M.

Crystal said...

Such a cool idea for a gift! I think I'll be trying this one for a few xmas gifts this year! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Marilyn said...

Wonderful tutorial to make a grand project!
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

frecklesandpawprints said...

super cute!

Colleen said...

Such a neat idea - it's adorable!

Pat said...

Wow...Lesley! This is an awesome project! TFS...

April said...

Just awesome!!! So creative and adorable!!

Moira said...

What a great idea to use up tins and boxes.

I'm a penguin lover too!